GroundUp is a boutique studio, paying homage to the foundations of Pilates (reformer and mat), yoga and barre practice, whilst pioneering a modern, sophisticated, and inclusive experience.
Whether you want to practise yoga, take a Pilates class or exercise at the Barre, GROUNDUP is here to support your fitness and wellness journey. Due to open on Monday July 5th, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What classes are best for beginners?
GROUNDUP classes can be adapted for all fitness and experience levels, so beginners are welcome to join all classes on the schedule. We have, however, created some classes which are a great starting place for beginners and will support the journey from novice to expert!
*Pilates Reformer 101 (participating in approx. 4 Essentials classes is best)
Note: Pilates Mat and Barre are suitable for all levels of fitness and experience.
- Do I need to book?
Yes, all classes can be booked online, up to 7 days in advance through here.
If you know you won’t make it to the class you have booked, please cancel your booking.
Failure to cancel bookings may result in temporary suspension of booking access.
- How many people can fit into each studio?
GU has 25 Allegro 2 Reformers.
25 people will be able to book into Yoga, Pilates Mat and Barre classes.
- Can I join a waiting list if the class is full?
Yes, there will be a waiting list for full classes.
- How long are the classes?
All classes are 50 minutes unless otherwise stated.
- What type of Yoga do you offer?
GROUNDUP offers a variety of yoga classes from flowing vinyasa to mellow and chill.
- What does the timetable look like?
The opening timetable will be on the website 2 weeks before opening.
GU will open with approximately 60 classes on the timetable, across both studios.
Classes will be offered across all popular timeslots –
- What is the minimum age to attend classes at GROUNDUP?
A member must be 13 years or older to join and utilise our services. Any member under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian provide written approval for their Membership Application.
- What should I wear to class?
Regardless of what class you are booked into, leggings and t-shirt or singlet are preferable for women and shorts and singlet or t-shirt for guys. You do not need shoes for any class but grippy socks (we sell them) are required for Pilates Reformer and Barre.
- Do I need a yoga mat?
There is no need to bring equipment for any of the classes – GROUNDUP supplies all the equipment you need in class, including mats!
- What should I bring to class?
A towel, a water bottle (please, no glass), and, for Pilates Reformer and Barre a pair of grippy socks. If you forget your socks, we sell them at Reception.
Bags and phones should be left in lockers and not brought into Studios.
- Do you have lockers at the Studio?
Yes, there are lockers where you can leave your bags and shoes – as always, it's best to leave valuables at home and except for a towel and water bottle, nothing else is required in class!
- Are there showers?
Yes, there are showers and change facilities for your convenience.
We are a full-facilities studio and provide showers, hairdryers, vanity area.
Towels ARE NOT provided but can be purchased.
- Does GROUNDUP sell water?
GU does not sell water but does provide a still water tap to fill your own water bottle. If you forget your bottle, you can purchase your own GU bottle from reception.
For safety, please don’t use glass bottles in the Studios.
- How much does a GU membership cost?
For unlimited Pilates (Reformer and Mat), Yoga and Barre its $39.90 per week.
To combine GU, Club Lime and hiit republic, its $59.90 per week
Both membership options are paid fortnightly by direct debit and can be cancelled with 28 days’ notice. For more information. please see our Terms&Conditions.
- Can I add GU to my Club Lime or hiit republic membership?
Existing Club Lime or hiit republic members can upgrade their membership via the Members Portal to access GU, Club Lime and hiit republic for just $59.90 per week.
- Can I purchase a casual class/drop in?
Yes, a casual drop-in is $25 and can be purchased online.
A casual pack of 10 classes is $200 and has a 3-month expiry from the date of the first booking.
A casual pack of 20 classes is $400 and has a 6-month expiry from the date of the first booking.
- Do you need instructors to work at GU?
If you are a Yoga, Barre or Pilates teacher and are interested in teaching at GU, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
GROUNDUP Class Etiquette
- Classes start and finish according to advertised time. Please arrive 5 to10 mins before class. We encourage everyone to stay for the duration of each class – this means to the end of Savasana in Yoga and Cool Down/Stretch in all other classes.
- All participants should be in the studio and ready by the class start time. Latecomers may not be admitted to the class.
- Mobile phones are not permitted in Studios. Please ensure they are safely stored in lockers. If you are required to have a phone with you (essential services), please speak to your instructor.
- Please leave all personal items in lockers provided.
- Shoes should be left in lockers and not worn inside Studios.
- Grippy socks should be worn to Pilates Reformer and Barre classes
- Sweat towel and water bottle is all that you need to bring to your class. Please don’t bring glass bottles into the Studios.
For any further enquiries, please contact our Member Assist Team.